Is TeleRehab Covered By My Insurance?
- We are able to see NEW, Current and Former clients via Telehealth with CareFirst, Cigna/ASH and United Healthcare Insurance plans.
- Aetna Insurance plans, we are able to see Current or Former Clients at this time.
- For clients with Medicare or Tricare, we are able to provide Telehealth to current clients ONLY.
- There are Self-Pay ($35) options for New, Current, and Former Patients who are carrying other insurances.
*Normal Copay, Co-Insurance and Deductible Payments may apply, and will be billed accordingly.
What You Can Expect:
- One-on-One Live Session with a Doctor
- Guided Evaluation and Movement Assessment
- Continued Discussion and Supervision
- Education and Strategies
- Creating or Changes to your Home Exercise Program (HEP)
- Medication can be prescribed by the MD and PA – and ordered electronically right to the pharmacy.
Research Supporting Telehealth
- There is a high level of agreement between an in-clinic PT diagnosis and a diagnosis obtained via telehealth using a remote diagnosis and a functional movement screen (FMS) Source:http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1357633X16642369
- A review of 75 systematic reviews and 71 Cochrane reviews revealed that the most effective interventions for low back pain (LBP) are patient self management, psychosocial interventions, and therapeutic exercise. Source: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0178621
- A UC Irvine School of Medicine study recently revealed that telehealth PT was as effective as in-clinic therapy for improving upper extremity motor control post-CVA. Source: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180524120850.htm